Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Job Ref: 053T
Employer: Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council
Industry: Health Care
Job Type: Permanent
County or City: Blaenau Gwent
Location: Ebbw Vale
Salary: £30,011 - £33,661 pro rata (30 hours per week)
Post Date: 17/07/2012
An opportunity has arisen with the Joint Adoption Service for an experienced Social Worker.
You will be responsible for:-
- Giving advice and information on adoption support services to people affected by adoption.
- Acting as a single point of contact for adoptive families, adopted adults, birth relatives and professionals on matters relating to adoption support services.
- Assessing and planning to sign post towards appropriate services and advice how these may be accessed.
- Delivering and monitoring adoption support plans as required.
- To contribute to the development and provision of a comprehensive adoption service.
- To comply with adoption legislation, guidance, national minimum standards and departmental policies, specifically to complete the role of ASSA within the team.
The successful candidate will possess a Diploma in social work or equivalent and be Registered as a Social Worker by the Care Council for Wales. Three years recent (post qualifying) experience within a child care setting including adoption work, experience of working in partnership with children, their families and other agencies is a requirement of the post.
The post carries an Essential Car User Allowance and therefore access to a vehicle for work purposes is required.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
For further information please contact Emma Colbeck – Team Manager Ext 5727 or Jenny McMillian – Service Manager Ext 3310.
Closing Date: 2nd August 2012 – 1pm
Interview Date: 28th August 2012